Monday, January 5, 2015

Masters of Photography Project Reflection

1. How do you think your project represents your work as a student?
I believe that this project represents what I've learned in Digital Photography in the past 5 months. I had to exercise the idea of establishing a connection with the subject in order to reach the level of Gordon Parks' works. All the lessons I learned, whether about personal growth or degrees of focus, came into play during this project.

2. How has your understanding of photography changed during this school year?

I've learned more about photography techniques, as well as the human perspective within photography. I never thought about how important the relationship between the photographer and subject is until I began taking photos myself. I think I've also improved in terms of translating my ideal intention into artistic expression. 

3. What are some of the benefits of working in a group?

I think that our group works in harmony. We all pitch in our own ideas while being respectful of others' opinions. Our discussions are ultimately the source of our work's knowledge and creativity.

4. What are some of the disadvantages of working in a group?

There weren't any problems within my group, but I guess I could say that the fact that I had to simultaneously take photos of my own and serve as a subject was time-consuming.

5. Now that you have had more time to reflect, is there anything that you would have done differently with your recent project?

Given a second opportunity, I think I would have started working earlier. I'd also try to be more organized by creating a set schedule for the project's photos. 

6. Is there anything else that you want to include?

Not really, no. 

No comments:

Post a Comment